I think it’s safe to say the majority of society is familiar with the musical, Hamilton, as many can rap along with our founding fathers. The musical swept the 2016 Tony’s. It now has productions in London, Chicago and launched a national tour. Although I have not yet seen the musical, I have been able to experience it through my passion for the music and the innovation behind the production.

The story follows Alexander Hamilton throughout his life and political affairs. Its innovative use of rap and a diverse cast has set the stage for multiple generations of audiences and performers to take Broadway to the next level.

This week’s blog features “Curtain Call” cast member’s responses to the posed question, If you could ask Alexander Hamilton one question what would it be?

“I would ask him if he’d go see Hamilton with me.” - Ellee Evans

Valid Question. Who wouldn’t want to see Hamilton with the “10 dollar founding father”? He would definitely provide great commentary.

“I would ask what the hardest part of his journey to the top?” - Kenzie Gunter

How did he “rise up”? Alexander Hamilton wasn’t a historical figure I knew much about before this musical. (If my history teacher is reading this I apologize if I should have taken more away from class.)

“I would ask him: What exactly happened in “the room”?” - Jordan Champe

As Burr states in the musical, “no one else was in the room where it happened.” How do we even know what happened? However, we did learn, Leslie Odom Jr. sings like an angel.

“Why did you feel America was better off on its own?” - Chris Young

That’s a weighted question to propose. What was Alexander Hamilton’s motivation to fight for freedom from England?

The only accurate way to close this blog is with Hamilton lyrics from the show’s creative genius, Lin-Manuel Miranda. “History is happening in [Lynchburg] and we just happen to be in the greatest city in the world, the greatest city in the world.”

Comments

Popular Posts